The following are a sampling of Dr. Ryan Hall's publications.
- Hall RCW, Dunlap PK, Hall RCW, Pacheco CA, Blakey RE, Abraham J: Thyroid disease and abnormal thyroid function tests in patients with eating disorders and depression. The Journal of the Florida Medical Association, Inc. 82(3)187-192, 1995.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW: Anxiety and Endocrine Disease. In Popkin, MK, Seminars in Clinical Neuropsychiatry 4(2)72-83, 1998.
- Hall RCW, Platt DE, Hall RCW: Suicide Risk Assessment: A Review of Risk Factors for Suicide in 100 Patients Who Made Severe Suicide Attempts. Psychosomatics 40:(1)18-27, 1999.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW: Fee-Splitting: Ethical Implications and Principles for Practice Management. Transference 20(2)14, 1999.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW: Long-term Psychological and Neurological Complications of Lindane Poisoning. Psychosomatics 40(6)513-517, 1999.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW: False Allegations: The Role of the Forensic Psychiatrist. Journal of Psychiatric Practice 7(5)343-346, September 2001.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW: Principles of Physician Recruiting. In Handbook of Mental Health Administration and Management; Reid WH and Silver S (ed.): Brunner-Routledge, New York, NY; Chapter 34:440-448, 2003.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman M: Identifying Geriatric Patients at Risk for Suicide and Depression. Clinical Geriatrics 11(10)36-44, October 2003.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW: Establishing Liaison Before Disaster Strikes. Chapter 2:12-19. 2004.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman MJ: Emotional and Psychiatric Effects of Weapons of Mass Destruction in First Responders. In: Bioterrorism: Psychological and Public Health Interventions; Ursano RJ, Norwood AE & Fullerton CS (eds). Cambridge University Press:Cambridge; Chapter 14:250-273; 2004.
- Hall RCW, Appleby B, Hall RCW: Atypical Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome Presenting as Fever of Unknown Origin in the Elderly. Southern Medical Journal 1(98) 114-117, January 2005.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman MJ: Exploitation of the Elderly: Undue Influence as a Form of Elder Abuse. Clinical Geriatrics 13(2)28-36, February 2005.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman MJ: Definition, Diagnosis, and Forensic Implications of Postconcussional Syndrome. Psychosomatics, 46(3)195-202, May-June 2005. Reprinted with permission from Psychosomatics (Copyright 2005). American Psychiatric Publishing Inc.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW: Abuse of Supraphysiologic Doses of Anabolic Steroids. Southern Medical Journal, 98(5)550-555, May 2005.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman MJ: Psychiatric Complications of Anabolic Steroid Abuse. Psychosomatics, 46(4)285-290, July-August 2005.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman MJ: Medical and Psychiatric Casualties caused by Conventional and Radiological (Dirty) Bombs. General Hospital Psychiatry, 28(3):242-248, May-June 2006.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman MJ: Postconcussional Syndrome: A Work in Progress (Response to Dr. Smith). Letter to the Editor. Psychosomatics, 47(3):272, May-June 2006.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman MJ: Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome in the Elderly: Diagnostic Criteria, Incidence, Risk Factors, Pathophysiology, and Treatment. (CME article) Clinical Geriatrics, 14(5):39-46, 2006.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman MJ: Effects of Terrorist Attacks on the Elderly, Part I: Medical and Psychiatric Complications of Bombings and Biological, Chemical, and Nuclear Attacks. Clinical Geriatrics, 14(8):26-35, 2006.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman MJ: Effects of Terrorist Attacks on the Elderly, Part 2: Posttraumatic Stress, Acute Stress, and Affective Disorders.Clinical Geriatrics, 14(9):17-24, 2006.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW: Malingering of PTSD: forensic and diagnostic considerations, characteristics of malingerers and clinical presentations. General Hospital Psychiatry, 28(6):525-535, 2006.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW: A Profile of Pedophilia: Definition, Characteristics of Offenders, Recidivism, Treatment Outcomes, and Forensic Issues. Mayo Clinic Proceedings, 82(4):457-471, 2007.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW: Detection of Malingered PTSD: An Overview of Clinical, Psychometric, and Physiological Assessment: Where Do We Stand? Journal of Forensic Sciences, 52(3):717-725, 2007.
- Hall RCW, Macvaugh GS III, Merideth P, Montgomery J: Commentary: Delving Further Into Liability for Psychotherapy Supervision. The Journal of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law, 35(2):196-9, 2007.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman MJ: Psychiatric Effects of Terrorism: Medical and Societal Implications of Recent Attacks. In: Focus on Terrorism, Vol. 9; Linden EV (ed), Nova Science:New York; Chapter 11, Publication date: 3rd Quarter, 2007.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW: The 1995 Kikwit Ebola outbreak – Model of virus properties on system capacity and function: A lesson for future viral epidemics. American Journal of Disaster Medicine, 2(5):270-276, 2007
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman MJ: Central Serotonin Syndrome: Part I—Causative Agents, Presentation, and Differential Diagnosis. Clinical Geriatrics, 15(12):18-25, 2007.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman MJ: Central Serotonin Syndrome: Part II – Pathophysiology, Drug Interactions, and Treatment. Clinical Geriatrics, 16(1):24-28, 2008
- Hall RCW, Resnick PJ: Psychotherapy Malpractice: New Pitfalls. Journal of Psychiatric Practice, 14(2):119-121, 2008
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman MJ: Violence in Older Persons: Part I – Occurrence in Forensic/Criminal Situations, Partner Relationships, and Sexual Offenses. Clinical Geriatrics, 16(5):27-32, 2008
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman MJ: Violence in Older Persons: Part II - Occurrence in Hospitals and Pharmacological/Behavioral Treatment of Agitation, Aggression and Violence. Clinical Geriatrics, 16(6):28-32, 2008.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman MJ: The 1995 Kikwit Ebola outbreak: lessons hospitals and physicians can apply to future viral epidemics. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2008 Sep-Oct;30(5):446-52. Epub 2008 Jul 23.
- Hall RCW, Friedman SH: Drug Diversion Program Rights Legal Digest. The Journal of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law, 36(4):579-580, 2008.
- Paul RK, Lockey C, Hall RCW, Bursztajn H: Practice Management: Managing Risks When Practicing in Three-Party Care Settings. Psychiatrictimes.com, 26(2), Feb. 3, 2009.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman MJ: Letter to the Editor response re: Nursing Home Violence: Occurrence, Risks, and Interventions Annals of Long-Term Care, 17(1):25-31, 2009.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Myers W, Chapman MJ: Testamentary Capacity: History, Physicians' Role, Requirements, and Why Wills are Challenged. Clinical Geriatrics, 17(6):18-24, 2009.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW, Chapman M: Anticholinergic Syndrome: Presentations, Etiological Agents, Differential Diagnosis, and Treatment. Clinical Geriatrics, 17(11):22-28, 2009.
- Day, T.R. and Hall, RCW. Deja Vu: From Comic Books to Video Games: Legislative Reliance on "Soft Science" to Protect Against Uncertain Societal Harm Linked to Violence v. the First Amendment. Oregon Law Review, 89, 415-452, 2012.
- Hall, RCW and Hall, RCW. Compensation Neurosis: A Too Quickly Forgotten Concept? Journal of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law, 40:390-8, 2012.
- Hatters Friedman S, Hall RCW: Antidepressant Use During Pregnancy: How to Avoid Clinical and Legal Pitfalls. Current Psychiatry, 12(2):10-16, 2013.
- Myers WC, Hall RCW, Tolou-Shams M: Prevalence and Assessment of Malingering in Homicide Defendants Using the Mini-Mental State Examination and the Rey 15-Item Memory Test. Homicide Studies, 17(3):314-328, August 2013.
- Hall RCW, Hall RCW: Biological and pharmacological treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder in older adults. Clinical Geriatrics, 21(8), 2013. Published online August 22, 2013.
- Hall RC, Hall RC. Psychotherapeutic Interventions for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. Clinical Geriatrics. 2013;21(9). Published online September 24, 2013.
- Shand J, Hall RCW: Consent in Psychiatric Emergencies: What Clinicians Need to Know. Psychiatric Times, 32(11):17-20, 2015
- Hall RCW, Hatters Friedman S: Guns, Schools, and Mental Illness: Potential Concerns for Physicians and Mental Health Professionals. Mayo Clinic Proceedings, 88(11):1272-1283, November 2013
- Hatters Friedman S, Hall RCW, Sorrentino R: Commentary: Women, Violence and Insanity. J Am Acad Psychiatry Law, 41(4):523-528, 2013
- Hatters Friedman S, Hall RCW: Teaching Psychopathology in a Galaxy Far, Far Away: The Light Side of the Force. Academic Psychiatry, May 2015, online.
- Hall RCW, Hatters Friedman S: Psychopathology in a Galaxy Far, Far Away: The Use of Star Wars’ dark side in teaching. Academic Psychiatry, May 2015
- Hall RCW: Mental Status Examination. In Wiley Encyclopedia of Forensic Science. Jamieson A and Moenssens AA (eds), John Wiley: Chichester. DOI: 10.1002/9780470061589.fsa287.pub2. (online), June 2015.
- Hall RCW, Soliman S: Elderly and Pharmacological Treatment of PTSD. In: Comprehensive Guide to Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Martin C, Preedy V, Patel V (eds), Springer International: Switzerland, ISBN: 978-3-319-08613-2 (Online), March 2015.
- Hatters Friedman S, Hall RCW: Using Star Wars’ Supporting Characters to Teach about Psychopathology. Australasian Psychiatry, June 23, 2015.
- Soliman S, Hall RCW: Forensic Issues in Medical Evaluation: Competency and End of Life Issues. In Balon R, Wise TN (eds): Clinical Challenges in the Biopsychosocial Interface. Update on Psychosomatics for the 21st Century. Adv Psychosom Med. Basel, Karger, 2015, vol 34, pp 36-48.
- Hall RCW, Hatters Friedman S, Jain A: Pregnant Women and the Use of Corrections Restraints and Substance Use Commitment. J Am Acad Psychiatry Law, 43(3):359-68, 2015.
- Hatters Friedman S, Hall RCW: Teaching Psychopathology in a Galaxy Far, Far Away: The Light Side of the Force. Academic Psychiatry, 39(6):719-725. 2015
* Boldface indicates Ryan C. W. Hall, MD